- This event has passed.
Discworld Day 2018 – Interesting Times in Ankh-Morpork
April 28 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
“Ankh-Morpork is as full of life as an old cheese on a hot day, as loud as a curse in a cathedral, as bright as an oil slick, as colourful as a bruise and as full of activity, industry, bustle and sheer exuberant busyness as a dead dog on a termite mound.”
THE SECOND ANNUAL DISCWORLD DAY: 2018 – INTERESTING TIMES IN ANKH-MORPORK
Join us in a celebration of life on Sir Terry Pratchett’s Birthday (28 April) by honoring his legacy and experiencing his Discworld with us.
Discover the streets of Ankh-Morpork, the greatest city of the Discworld. A folklorique network of old lanes, squares and alleys for your walking pleasure. Wherre exitement and trolls lurke arounde everry corner and much may be heard the traditional street cries of old time also the laughing visages of the denuizens as they goe about their business private.
** EARLY BIRD TICKETS: R50 – only 100 available, only til 8 FEB **
LIMITED NO OF TICKETS available from Quicket – http://qkt.io/DiscworldDay2018
At the Gate on the day: R90.00
PARKING: R10 per car
Kids under 12 FREE
Dogs and unruly luggages to be kept on leashes at all times.
MAP TO VENUE: https://goo.gl/maps/TkgXqikT9k62
Please note: There is a 1km dirt road to our venue. It is suitable for most normal cars but not for vehicles with very low suspension.
• An Ankmorpork Adventure: Seek! Hustle! Build! Conjur!
Enter as a single person or with a team of wizzards, complete the tasks as laid out for you by the Patrician.
R25.00 per person (R10 discount for entering online and bringing your own entry sheet!)
• Fabricati diem, pvnc: test your mettale and train with the City Watch, they are recuiting!
• The presence of beer always greases the rungs of the evolutionary ladder so make sure your Inn-sewer-ants-polly-seas are up to date and join us in The Broken Drum.
Expect a test of wits, much revelry and many barbarians.
• The Discworld Dress Up. Embody your favourite character and be victorious. Win Thynngs.
• Burnt crunchy bits, dwarf bread, rat onna stick and other local delicacies can be found between Harga’s House of Ribs and the Curry Gardens, so weary travellers and brave explorers will not have holes in their tummies. Keep an eye out for Cut-me-own-Throat Dibbler.
All guilds are welcome, so if you fancy yourself as an artificer, a seamstress, an assassin or a clown, you’ll be sure to be in good company along The Street of Cunning Artificers.